There are many different types of body piercings, but few are as popular as smiley piercing. This type of piercing is often seen as a fun and unique way to express yourself, and it can be a great way to show off your personality. There is one thing to keep in mind when getting a smiley piercing, though. Make sure you have a good understanding of the anatomy of your smiley area so you know which part to pierce.
What is a smiley piercing?
A smiley piercing goes through your frenulum, the small piece of skin connecting your upper lip to your upper gum. The frenulum is often considered a sensitive area, so some people feel it’s best to get a piercing here rather than elsewhere on the body. This type of piercing is becoming increasingly popular, as it gives people who want something unique and different to choose from. If you’re interested in getting a smiley piercing, be sure to talk to your piercer about what they think is the best placement for you.
How painful is a smiley piercing?
A piercing in your frenulum will cause sharp pain, but it will be over quickly. Many say that the piercings in their lips hurt the most, followed by piercings on cartilage, and far less than others say they hurt.
How long does it take for a completed smiley piercing to recover?
Swelling and soreness may last until a few days after a piercing. If you avoid getting infected and take good care of your piercing part, you can have a brief, quick recovery. A smiling two-inch or tongue web piercing should heal in approximately four weeks if you are healthy and conduct proper care.
When you get a smiley piercing, there are a few things you should know about aftercare.
- First and foremost, the piercing will require at least maintenance every two weeks. This means that you’ll need to clean it and keep the area dry.
- Second, the piercing will heal quickly, but your smile may take some time to recover.
- Finally, if your smiley piercings become infected or swollen, it’s important to see a doctor as soon as possible.
Types of smiley piercing jewelry
There are many different types of smiley piercing jewelry on the market, and each has its own unique benefits. From simple barbells to more intricate designs incorporating jewels, beads, and feathers, there is a smiley piercing for everyone. Here are some of the most popular types of smiley piercing jewelry:
- The simple barbell: A popular option for first-timers, a simple barbell Smiley Piercing is simply a metal bar with a small smiley face on one end and a hole in the other. This type of piercing is easy to insert and remove and can be worn almost anywhere without issue.
- The tongue ring: Another great option for beginners, is a tongue ring Smiley Piercing is similar to a barbell but features an extra ring at the top that goes over your tongue.
- Seamless rings: Without adornments for a clean, minimal look, captive bead rings are commonly closed using a decorative bead from your choice of color and style. Horseshoe-shaped circular barbells are frequently adorned with a metal bead on each end.
The smiley piercing is a trendy and fun addition to anyone’s piercings collection. It is a great way to show your personality and make someone smile. If you are thinking of getting a smiley piercing, be sure to talk to your piercer about the best placement for you. Make sure to pick a piercing shop that will provide quality care for your new accessory.